Monday, April 8, 2013

Laundry Organization

The day before I was induced with Mason we took a trip to Menards. We purchased an $80 shelf for our laundry room. My mom put it together for me while I was in the hospital and stocked it with laundry baskets. It was definitely nice to come home to! I was terrified of all the laundry that comes along with having a 3 year old, 1 year old, and a newborn. This made things SO much easier!
 
 
I'm horrible at putting away laundry. If I attempt to put it away when the kids are awake they are throwing around hangers and knocking over the folded clothes. I can't put it away after they go to sleep because, well, that is where their dressers and closets are! Don't get me wrong, I definitely do laundry..it's just that the clean clothes are stuffed into laundry baskets and then scattered throughout the house.
 
Well, that's not the case anymore! Those baskets stuffed with clean clothes are now neatly placed on my wonderful shelving unit. The clothes come out of the dryer and are placed directly into each child's basket. Once I get a chance to put them away I just grab a basket of presorted clothes. I even used my handy dandy label maker and labeled the baskets and their spot on the shelf. It is also a huge help to my husband because when I ask him to grab me something he doesn't get lost.
Our shelf holds 12 regular sized laundry baskets and we even have room left on the top for storage!




No comments:

Post a Comment